Magna Corporation, Liverpool
Magna Corporation, Liverpool are part of a global manufacturing organisation, centred around the automotive Injection Moulding industry.
As part of a major expansion programme, 7 new injection moulding machines were scheduled to be installed within the existing factory footprint.
The work commenced just two weeks before a Christmas shutdown and with only 4 days notice before Electricians were needed on site.
The project was completed on an extremely tight schedule and TSS (GB) Ltd were commended by the customer for their flexibility and commitment to the project.
TSS (GB) Ltd were contracted to:
- carry out a feasibility study of the existing power availability within the plant.
- modify existing power supplies and electrical infrastructure to support some of the new machinery.
- Install new 630A supplies from existing substation (including 2 new 2000A pillars) to locations for new machinery.
- Install containment for power supplies and also to support other required services (chilled water, compressed air, etc).
- Install machine wiring and interconnections to auxiliary equipment.
- Install new distribution boards and containment to facilitate connections of all material handling equipment.
- Install and connect supplies to material handling equipment.
In addition, TSS (GB) Ltd were involved in an automation project for Magna Decoma, for more information click here.